Thursday, November 14, 2013

Foreign Plug Adapter: How to Know When You Will Need One

You are ready to travel outside of the United States; you have your passport, you’ve booked all your reservations, but what do you do about your electronics? How will you be able to charge you phone, iPod, Laptop, and camera once you arrive at your destination? For that, you will need a foreign plug adapter. Each countries outlets supply a different voltage, and the outlets themselves vary in shape and design from one country to the next. For this reason, if you plan to use any electronics on your travels outside of the Unites States, it will be necessary for you to pack the appropriate voltage converter and plug adapter. To help you determine what you will need, we will give you a basic rundown of what is required when traveling to common tourist destinations.
The United States’ closest neighbors are among the most commonly traveled to by U.S. citizens. Luckily, the voltage in both of these countries is the same as in the U.S., so all you will need to pack in order to use your electronics will be an appropriate plug adapter. The right adapter should be easy to find by searching for it on our website.
Europe, Africa, and Asia
For travels throughout Europe, Eastern Europe, Africa, Russia, China, Australia, and New Zealand, you will need a 110 to 220-240 V transformer adapter, as these regions all have the same voltage supply. The plug adapter you will need may vary from one region to the next, so make sure to determine which adapter you will need for your specific destination(s).
When traveling in Japan it will be necessary for you to use a 100 to 110 volt transformer adapter as the current in Japan is 100 V.
South America
The voltage and outlets can vary greatly from one region to the next in South America. Most regions however will require that you use a 110 to 220-240 V transformer, so it is a good idea to pack one for travels in South America. However, it is a good idea to contact us if you are traveling to South America, as we can help you to determine what you will need for your specific destination.
When traveling to a foreign country it is necessary that you use a voltage converter and a plug adapter before using any of your electronic items. Failing to do so can prove disastrous for your electronics and can cause harm to yourself. If you will be traveling outside of the United States and you are still unsure what you will need in order to safely use electronics in the country you will be traveling to, contact us. We can help you to find the adapters that you will need for your trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment